Careers at Crown Isle
Are you looking at an exciting career in the tourism and hospitality industry? Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community is a rapidly expanding company with many career opportunities available throughout the year. We are committed to providing superlative services and exceptional experiences to our guests and members.
RESERVATIONS / GROUP SALES ASSISTANT
We are searching for a dynamic and passionate individual who can effectively
take hotel and golf reservations and assist the Group Sales Coordinator. This position is permanent full time.
The Agent must be a hands-on individual who can make and confirm reservations. The Agent will also answer telephones in a timely and professional manner. Provide exceptional services to hotel and resort guests with their needs and special requests.
Candidates with Opera experience is preferred.
This is a full time position that reports directly to the Chef. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and presentation of all foods, as well as maintaining professional standards and consistencies established by the Kitchen Management team.
• Proper use of knowledge of all cuisine, equipment, chemicals and procedures
• Leads by example in maintaining a clean, neat and presentable appearance, especially in view of guests (e.g. buffets, concession, public areas)
• Wears proper attire (shoes) and works in a safe, clean, efficient and organized manner (as per kitchen policy handout)
• Be especially friendly and polite when dealing with any/all members of the public and staff while representing Crown Isle
• Maintains a constant respectful working relationship with Management and Department Heads • Controls the quality of each order before it goes out as per specifications
• Remains current with recipes, portions and presentation specs
• Follows strict adherence to workplace procedures in the handling and cooking of foods and promotes same to kitchen staff
• Maintains the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of food items before they leave the kitchen
• Must be pro-active and execute any other duties as requested by immediate supervisors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Full apprenticeship and minimum one year Journeyman/Red Seal papers, or equivalent, unless agreed upon by the Executive Chef
• Minimum three years experience as a Cook
• Will be required to work on a shift basis, including weekends and evenings of unspecified duration • Work efficiently in a non-supervised environment
• WHMIS and Food Safe certification
• Must have a working knowledge of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner menus
• Execute line/banquet items in the designated time lines
• To work with stewarding, kitchen and front-end staff to maintain high standards of cleanliness and proper storage of items and proper close down procedures
Part time 2-4 days a week, Friday, Saturday afternoons, Sunday, Monday
Experience in plumbing, electrical, painting, or building is an asset. Willing to trade for golf or just 1-2 of the 4 shifts.
HOUSEKEEPING ROOM ATTENDANT
Housekeeping Room Attendants provide for the comfort of our guests at Crown Isle Resort by ensuring that the Villas and Resort Centre are clean and properly presented. A Housekeeping Room Attendant promotes a positive image of Crown Isle Resort and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address special requests and/or problems from our guests.
• Cleans guest rooms to the highest standards with attention to detail
• Makes beds, changes sheets, removes and replaces used towels and toiletries
• Vacuums, cleans, mops, dusts and polishes guest rooms
• Cleans and disinfects kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
• Restocks storage area and bathroom fixtures and appliances
• Transports laundry bags from villas to laundry room
• Transports garbage to garbage containers
• Report any maintenance defects in guest rooms or surrounding area to Housekeeping Supervisor or Executive Housekeeper
• Is familiar with and has a good understanding of all Policies and Procedures
• Able and willing to perform any other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Physical mobility and stamina is required
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Professional attitude
• Must be organized
• Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) is considered an asset
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, February 15, 2017 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped at the Front Desk. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
If you have further questions about the possibility of employment at Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community, please contact us at: Mailing Address: 399 Clubhouse Drive, Courtenay, BC V9N 9G3, Canada Call Toll Free: 1-888-338-8439 Phone: 250-703-5000 Fax: 250-703-5051 Email: email@example.com