The Crown Isle Group
Employing over 200 people in peak season, The Crown Isle Group of Companies is a dynamic business encompassing a wide variety of components – golf course & academy, dining, conference facility, on-site accommodation, residential and commercial real estate opportunities.
Future development plans include additional residential and commercial real estate, multi-family sites, a congregate care facility, and a hotel and spa facility.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled, and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped at the Front Desk. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
TIMBER ROOM SERVER
The Timber Room Bar and Grill at Crown Isle is seeking servers for the 2017 season. Servers are responsible for creating a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in the pub. Servers must provide friendly and professional service at all times in support of meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations from the moment they arrive until the moment they leave.
• 2 years experience an asset
• Team player
• Flexible schedule
• Strong food and beverage knowledge
• Must be able to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Ability to deal with challenging guest situations in an effective and positive manner
• Strong teamwork and communication skills are essential
This is a full time position that reports directly to the Chef. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and presentation of all foods, as well as maintaining professional standards and consistencies established by the Kitchen Management team.
• Proper use of knowledge of all cuisine, equipment, chemicals and procedures
• Leads by example in maintaining a clean, neat and presentable appearance, especially in view of guests (e.g. buffets, concession, public areas)
• Wears proper attire (shoes) and works in a safe, clean, efficient and organized manner (as per kitchen policy handout)
• Be especially friendly and polite when dealing with any/all members of the public and staff while representing Crown Isle
• Maintains a constant respectful working relationship with Management and Department Heads
• Controls the quality of each order before it goes out as per specifications
• Remains current with recipes, portions and presentation specs
• Follows strict adherence to workplace procedures in the handling and cooking of foods and promotes same to kitchen staff
• Maintains the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of food items before they leave the kitchen
• Must be pro-active and execute any other duties as requested by immediate supervisors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Full apprenticeship and minimum one year Journeyman/Red Seal papers, or equivalent, unless agreed upon by the Executive Chef
• Minimum three years experience as a Cook
• Will be required to work on a shift basis, including weekends and evenings of unspecified duration
• Work efficiently in a non-supervised environment
• WHMIS and Food Safe certification
• Must have a working knowledge of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner menus
• Execute line/banquet items in the designated time lines
• To work with stewarding, kitchen and front-end staff to maintain high standards of cleanliness and proper storage of items and proper close down procedures